If your questions are still not answred here, please do call, or send an email!
- How many dates will I get at an Elite Speed Dating event?
- Is three minutes long enough?
- What if I don't want to pay by credit card?
- Are there any specific requirements to sign up?
- Can I go to more than one Elite Speed Dating event?
- Do many people come on their own?
- Can I bring a friend?
- When will I be charged?
- Can I cancel?
- How long does a Elite Speed Dating event last?
- How will I know if I have any matches?
- What happens when I arrive at the event?
- How old are the other speed daters?
- What sort of people go speed dating?
No-one's expecting you to make a lifelong commitment on the basis of a speed date! Three minutes is long enough to decide whether or not you like someone enough to want to see them again, and ensures that embarrassing silences are kept to a minimum.
You can pay by cheque or postal order. Please make your cheque / PO payable to Speed Events Ltd. and send it to:
Speed Events Ltd
We are not normally able to offer refunds but will move you to a different Elite Speed Dating event provided you contact us at least three working days before the event. If you give us less than three days notice we will still do our best to move you to another event. If we are able to move you to an alternative event, you will be charged an additional £5 handling fee.
We will inform you by email within 2-3 days of the event whether you have matches or not (postal information may take longer). If you have matches you will receive the names and contact details of everyone you ticked who also ticked you.
When you arrive you will be given a scorecard, a nametag and a pen, and the Fastlove compere will explain how speed dating works and answer any questions. Then the dating begins. Usually women will stay seated while men will rotate every 3-5 minutes when the whistle blows. After each date participants mark on a scorecard whether they would like to see that person again. At the end of the evening we collect in the top-sheets of all scorecards.